Objects forbidden in cabin luggage
Never leave your baggage unattended!
Report any suspicious or abandoned baggage or parcel!
Do not accept any baggage from a third person!
For security reasons, certains objects are forbidden in cabin luggage, namely (depending on the airline, other objects can be forbidden as well; please check with your airline):
- Revolvers, firearms and weapons
- Copies and imitations of weapons
- Knives and sharp instruments
- Blunt instruments
- Neutralizing or incapacitating substances
- Objects that can be used as weapons
- Explosive and inflammable substances
- Storm lighters ("blue flame lighter")
- Chemical and toxic substances
- Liquids, pastes, gels and aerosols *
* see separate page for exceptions relating to liquids, pastes, gels and aerosols
We advise you to register your baggage and other objects in the hold if possible and to carry in your hand luggage only what you absolutely need for your journey.
Prohibited objects detected during the security checks will have to be abandoned on the spot. Small objects can be kept in an envelope (max. 210 x 297 mm) at the airport for you. They can be picked up on your return at the airport information desk, level 2, Arrival, every day from 05.30h - 24.00h for a fee of € 5.00 / CHF 5.00. Items which do not fit in the envelope and items for which you do not want to make use of this service will be destroyed.
Ask your airline to tell you the number and size of baggage items you may take with you in the cabin. Every airline has its own regulations.
Regulations of the European Union laying down detailed measures for the implementation of the common basic standards on aviation security (information on cabin baggage: see section 4)