Christmas with Tradition
Beginning in 1570, Strasbourg opened its Christmas Market around its prestigious cathedral. Since that time, its reputation in Europe has only increased, thanks to its merchant tradition as well as its spirit of tolerance and humanism that constitute its history and identity. With its Christmas markets, Strasbourg leads you to a full of flavour walk in the heart of its historic city centre. The Children’s Village will lead kids and adults to a magical and enchanting universe, full of fairy tales and Christmas shows. But Christmas in Strasbourg also means concerts, animations and exhibitions that are willing to be discovered in the course of alleys and squares...
The Great Christmas Tree, Alsace Christmas night
All throughout December, the place Kléber and the facade of the Aubette will reveal all of their beauty in the soft lights of the Great Christmas Tree. Towering proudly and majestically over the Sharing Village, the Great Christmas Tree sparkles with stars and is adorned with giant balls coloured deep blue, just like a starry Christmas night. Under the Great Christmas Tree, a typical and traditional Alsatian village in the heart of the forest is reproduced. The decoration and illumination were designed by Antoinette Pflimlin.Christmas markets:
- Christkindelsmärik, place Broglie
- The Christmas markets, place de la Cathédrale, place du Château, place d’Austerlitz and place du Corbeau
- The Christmas regional specialities and crafts market, place de la Gare
- Thematic markets:
- The flavours of Alsace, place des Meuniers, with the Invincible small producers from Alsace
- The trading post of the Three Wise Kings, place Benjamin-Zix, with the ‘Petite France’ merchants’ association
- The Carré d’Or, place du Temple Neuf, with the Carré d’Or Traders Association
- The Swiss Village, place Gutenberg
From November 30 to December 31
From 10am to 8pm, from Sundays to Thursdays.
From 10am to 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
On December 24, from 10am to 6pm
On December 25, from 2pm to 6pm. (Some stalls may be closed, as opening is not mandatory for merchants)
From 26 to 30 December, from 10am to 7pm
On December 31, from 10am to 6pm
- The Village of Sharing, place Kléber
From 30 November to 24 December, from 10am to 7pm
On Fridays, on Saturdays and on Sundays, until 8pm
On 24 December, from 10am to 5pm
To and from EuroAirport / Christmas Market in Strasbourg
Three shuttle bus services are connecting EuroAirport to the main train stations in Basel (Switzerland), Saint-Louis (France) and Freiburg (Germany), enabling onward travel in each of the respective countries
Use the shuttle service to Saint-Louis main train station enabling you to connect to your city of stay in the north east of France.
Please consult with any of these service providers located at EuroAirport: